Chairperson Diane Helfrich-Rapp
Vice-Chairperson Tina McKinnor
Commissioner Pramesh Singh (not pictured)
Dates: 1st Wednesday of every odd numbered
Lawndale City Council Chambers
14717 Burin Avenue, Lawndale CA 90260
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Lawndale Cable Commission
(LCC), whose members represent a cross section of community volunteers,
serves as an advisory to the Lawndale Cable Usage Corporation, Cable
Administrator, and Cable Television Supervisor regarding the policies
and procedures surrounding governmental, educational, local origination,
and community programming for Channel 22 in the City of Lawndale.
I. FUNCTIONS OF THE
A. To foster the development
of Community Programming of interest to Lawndale residents.
- To make recommendations regarding
Lawndale Community Cable television programming.
- To approve Lawndale Cable Commission
Grants for Community Access Productions.
- To develop and recommend a promotion
plan to enhance channel usage an viewership.
- To review effectiveness of outreach
B. To promote usage and viewership
of Community Cable Channel 22.
- To create maximum interest in local
events, people, place, and issues via community cable television.
- To provide Lawndale residents, businesses,
and organizations an opportunity to produce and participate in community
- To encourage the education of Lawndale
students in community television programming and production.
- To produce Cable television productions
of interest to residents of Lawndale.
- To assess, review and make recommendations
regarding the adequacy of Community Access equipment and facilities.
Lawndale Cable Commission Policies and Guidelines
Lawndale Cable Grant Application
Application for Appointment to City Advisory Bodies