Block Party Packet Information
Program Goal: To encourage
neighborhoods to hold block parties through the provision of a Block-party
packet and a one-step permit process.
Block Party Packet Includes:
- Step 1 Applications
are available from the Municipal Services Department at 14714 Burin
If a street closure is requested, you also
need to submit the Street
Closure Permit Application and petition for Street
Closure for the Event Purposes forms. (These forms can
be downloaded by clicking on the links. You will need Acrobat Reader
to be able to read them. Click
here to download your own copy, if you don't have it already
installed in your computer, .)
- Step 2 Application must be completed
and returned to the Municipal Services Department.
- Step 3 Municipal Services Department
reviews Block Applications. Upon verification of resident and business
signatures (if closing street), application is approved.
- Step 4 Block Party host must purchase
and show proof of insurance in order to complete the application
- Step 5 Public Works Department will
deliver barricades and delineators and post street closure 72 hours
in advance of the event.
- Step 6 Party kit is delivered to
the party representative by the City.
- Step 7 Party kit is picked up by
important information is listed below:
- Users are responsible for thoroughly
cleaning the barbecue, and for securing the party kit until it is
picked up by the City.
- The party kit is available on weekends
and major holidays only and is limited to Block Party use only.
- Completed Block Party Applications
must be turned into the Municipal Services Department (Code Section
10.40.020) 45 days prior to the date of the event, and may be submitted
up to three months in advance.
- Block Party Hosts are also responsible
for thoroughly cleaning the street following the party.
- Street Closure Restrictions
- Maximum length
of street closure (8 hours)
- Time limits (Streets may not be closed
before 8am or after 10pm)
- The following streets may not be closed:
Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Redondo Beach Blvd.
Firmona - South of Manhattan Beach Blvd.